DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 is a powerful industry level video editing software. It is introduced by Da Vinci System. It provides all advanced tools for professionals such as color correction tools and media management tools 3D video editing platform etc. When people think about advance video editing software, they often find the picture of the big boys like Premiere, Avid, but there are some other software people should definitely take a look at, some of them gives serious run to those big boys run for their money.
In that list DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 Latest version is at the top which provides all professional level tools in a very cheap price. You will pay for one time not like Premier pro which subscription is based on monthly and yearly. When DaVinci System organization sell this software to Blackmagic company, then they’ve made some serious modifications to it, to the point that it can now be considered a strong contender for video editing, color grading, special effects and sound mixing, for an extremely affordable price. And best of all, it works on any platform including Mac, Windows or Linux.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 Features:
- Highly customizable interface: DaVinci Resolve studio 16 offers very comprehensive and customizable interface. It’s divided into sections with your libraries top left, your preview and viewer windows to the right, and your timeline and index at the bottom. You can change it any time according to your need and you can remove unnecessary panels to make it simpler and cleaner. Even you can customize the timeline as your preference: you can change the size of the video and audio layers; you can remove waveforms of audio if you don’t like that and DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 allows you to choose how many thumbnails will be shown per clips and much more.
- New High-Performance Playback Engine: DaVinci Resolve studio 16 comes with new advanced video playback engine with CPU and GPU optimizations. Due to these advance features DaVinci Resolve studio is not only faster but more responsive than competitors. Due to that technology now, you can easily 4K Videos on your laptop.
- Media Importing: DaVinci Resolve studio 16 allows you to import your media files in different ways like Adobe Premier. You can double click on media library panel and direct access to any drive connected to your computer. You can record camera and you will see their files will be available too in that panel. You can also drag your files and folders from your hard drive to that media panel.
- Transitions and effects: DaVinci come with built-in Fusion tab, no need to launch other software like adobe after effects or Motion. Keep in mind that Fusion is not layer base but it is node based. It’s made it more powerful but it need experience to use that feature. On top of the effect building area, you can find different nodes including text, blur, transform and 3D etc. You can also add effects from effects library filled to the composite you’re creating. With the help of keyframes you can create beautiful animations, cinematic visual effects to make your content more stylish.
- Color grading: DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 provides better corrections of colors than other competitors. Note it color correction is also based on nodes, this node-based color correction tools allows you to set a specific color grade and apply to several clips at once by creating a shared node. You will see in that section a lot of LUTS. To see the preview of your clip that it will be look after applying that, simple hover over one of them to see a direct preview.
- Fairlight Audio: DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 comes with built-in Fair light feature. It provides a complete digital audio workstation including automation, metering, mixer monitoring, ADR tools, a sound library database, native audio plug-ins and mush more!
- Multi-user collaboration: DaVinci Resolve Studio is not only for YouTube and Facebook videos but it is the industry level software. DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2 is also used for post-production and finishing in Hollywood movies, TV shows and commercials than any other software. You can save your time with DaVinci Resolve Studio because it now supports multi-user collaboration, you and your team members such as editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound engineers can simultaneously work live at a single project.
- Keyboard shortcuts: When you will launch DaVinci Resolve studio 17 for Windows 10 first time it will display different keyboards of video editing software like Avid and Adobe Premier and you can easily select your that keyboard which is familiar to you. Its own keyboard shortcuts are also customizable, you can customize that keyboard shortcuts if you aren’t happy with them.
- Several Audio Clips Alter: DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.7 provides one best feature to alter multiple audio clips at once. You can select several audio clips for instance and change all of their volumes in one go with a slider in the Inspector. This is a great time saver.
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and Mac
- Memory (RAM): 6 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB
- Processor: Core i5 2nd gen or higher.