Serif Affinity Photo is powerful photo editing software, which is still present on the list of the best photo editing software. It interfaces and tools layout are similar to popular photo editing software “Adobe Photoshop” but you will find it at a cheap price. It has all the basic and advanced editing tools you can expect such as selecting, cropping, red-eye removal, drawing tools, clone stamp, batch edit, font effects, and lens distortion correction as well as instruments for creating vector shapes.
Assistant button is very useful feature of Serif Affinity Photo, which creates presets for specific tools, set your desire parameters for any tools, assistant will automatically optimize the layer type and applies the specified tool parameters.
Serif Affinity Photo Features:
- Affinity Photo offers many features at low cost.
- It supports different formats such as JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PSD, PDF files and many others.
- All professional-level editing features are present such as Filters, Layers, Adjustment Layers, Layer Masks and much more.
- Many filters are included to create blur effects, distortion, noise etc.
- Split-screen option show the before and after image editing effect.
- It will be a good choice for photo merging for panoramas, image retouching, making beautiful HDR effect, and basic digital drawing.
- Now it supports HDR / EDR monitor.
- All popular retouching tools such as dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish, and red-eye tools.
- For metadata, affinity offers editable fields for adding copyright information, tags and descriptions etc.
- Document dialog comes with a large number of presets with thumbnail previews and the ability to create your own presets.
- Support OpenGL hardware acceleration
- Supports very-high-resolution images
- Live Filter layers are also available, which act as adjustment layers with the help of live filter you can make independent changes and reconfigure them later.
- Easily open PSD files from Photoshop and could be select, resize, and move a text box.
- Powerful Liquefy tool can stretch and deform an image with any deformation style.
- Tone Mapping comes with many presets you can applied them directly to your image and create beautiful HDR effects.
- Built-in incredibly accurate inpainting brush, frequency separation capability, and a full set of liquify features.
- Thousands of OpenType fonts are available in Affinity.
- HDR merger of this app automatically align thousands of images before merging into one picture.
- You can export your works in PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD, PDF, SVG, WMF or EPS formats.
- Create more natural-looking images with raw files.
- Keyboard shortcuts are identical to Photoshop which is good for transitioning from one to the other.
- Compatible with the new DxO Nik Collection 2.5 plug-in suite.
- Each update brings new functionality and additional fixes.
- Affinity Photo is available for PC, Mac and iPad.
However, there are some drawbacks of affinity software: It does not support animation files. It means you can’t create animated GIF files with Affinity Photo. It cannot export projects in Illustrator format. Advanced image search function doesn’t present, its means to search particular image will take more time using Affinity Photo. In addition, some of the features such as adjustment layers of shadow and highlight need more improvement.
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 125 MB
Processor: Dual core or higher.